Entertaining in the summer is one of my favourite activities. On most weekends, my hubby and I invite family and friends over to our place to enjoy the weather alongside gourmet food and drink. There is simply nothing better. When I entertain, I love to make sure I’m thinking through the full experience by adding some premium, jazzy touches so the gathering feels special and fun, even if we’re just casually hanging by the pool!
So, in light of summer entertaining, here are some tips to add a bit of sparkle to any event, whether monumental, or a simple backyard gathering:
• Determine the focal point of your space and then jazz it up. Make it extra special. I love to set lanterns by the pool at night or add decorative fixtures or accessories to the dining table to make the experience feel special and elegant.
• Curating the right playlist is also so important and helps set the tone for any event. We have surround sound everywhere at my home and we love to select music specifically to suit the time of day and occasion.
• Making your guests feel comfortable is key and really adds to the feel of the gathering! Toss some bright throws or accent pillows on your furniture to make the space cozy, yet still beautiful!
• There’s nothing like fresh flowers and plants to brighten things up and make your space smell amazing.
• Food is key and personally, my favourite part of any event! And, it’s so important to make sure your pairings are right. One of my favourite things to serve when hosting is smartwater sparkling – with a pure, crisp taste, smartwater sparkling pairs perfectly with food. It has just the right amount of bubbles to really ignite those taste buds! And, more than “just water”, smartwater sparkling ups the glam-quotient whenever I entertain. I put bottles of smartwater sparkling on buckets of ice around the pool and deck so guests can reach for them whenever they like.
All of this is making me thirsty!
Who wants to come over for a pool party?